Friday, 31 May 2013

Create a Header/Banner Using PicMonkey


Recently I accidentally deleted my header/banner at the top of my page. Whoops. It took me a while to remember how I had originally made mine and make a new one that I was pleased with so I thought I would share how I made it using PicMonkey. This way, you can make one too and I'll never have to spend significant amounts of time trying to remember what I did.



Step 1: Open PicMonkey and select “create a collage”.

Step 2: Choose the second square on the left, which is “layout” and then select the four square option under “ducks in a row”. You can delete squares if you like but this option gives you a nice size banner.



Step 3: Select the top square on the left, which is “photos” and open your photos from wherever you have them saved on your computer.


Step 4: Drag and drop the photos you have selected onto your collage.


Step 5: Choose the fourth square on the left, which is “background”. Play around with the spacing until you have one you like.



Step 6: Save your collage. Go to PicMonkey again (I can’t find a way around this) and select “edit a photo”. Open the collage you just saved.

Step 7: Select the button on the left that is a P for “text”. Find a font you like and click “add text”.



Step 8: Add your words, change the size and colour of the font, and place it where you would like. Once you’re happy with it, save your banner.


I am in no way a computer expert and there may be better ways to do this, but this is what works for me. I like this because it lets me make a new banner fairly quickly (now that I remember how) and allows me to showcase some of my favourite posts or base my banner around a theme. If you make one for yourself, let me know. I'd love to see it!

Shared at: Diana Rambles, Life On Lakeshore Drive, Natasha In Oz, Lines Across, Kathe With An E, Sugar Bee Crafts, Fluster Buster, Hickory Trail, Clean & Scentsible, Ginger Snap Crafts, Someday Crafts, Sew Much Crafting, A Creative Princess, Artsy-Fartsy Mama

6 comments:

  1. Lovely header Al - I made mine like that too. So easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute....I have been meaning to make a pic banner and I just can't decide which pics I want. Yours turned out cute. Have a great rest of your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute banner! I love PicMonkey! I am visiting from Take A Look Tuesday and would like to invite you to party at Party In Polka Dots! It's going on now!

    http://www.piggyinpolkadots.com/2013/06/party-in-polka-dots-linky-25-sweet.html

    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks so much, I will definitely check this out, I really appreciate the info as I tend to just stumble along!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a great job Al! I've never used Picmonkey, I'm going to have to check it out. Thanks for sharing at Fluster's Creative Muster Party.

    Robin
    Fluster Buster

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for linking your picmonkey tutorial up to the Say G'day Saturday party. Your new header looks great! I've just pinned this and shared it on twitter and facebook too.

    Hope to see you again this weekend!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz
    www.natashainoz.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).