Wednesday, 15 May 2013

Are You A No Reply Blogger?


I love comments. Seriously, there’s something about someone taking the time to respond to one of my posts that makes me feel special. I try to reply to all the comments I get. I'm guilty of not always replying in a timely manner, but I like to acknowledge what they've said. It seems like the proper thing to do.


When I first started blogging, someone told me I was a noreplycomment@blogger.com. I wasn’t sure what it meant so I Googled it, changed my settings, and moved on… until recently.  I’m not sure why but I’ve had a lot of commenters lately who are no-reply bloggers. What that means is when I click reply to respond in an email to their comment, they don’t have an email connected to their account. When that’s the case, I don’t get to respond to their comment.

My plan was to do a nice tutorial with screen shots and everything to show you how to check if you’re a no-reply blogger and how to change it if you are. Instead, I’m going to send you to Robin at Fluster Buster. Why reinvent the wheel, right? Robin has really clear step-by-step instructions on how to change your settings so people (like me) can respond to your comments.

Shared at: A Creative Princess, Artsy-Fartsy Mama, Diana Rambles, Natasha in Oz, Lines Across, Kathe With An E, Fluster Buster, Clean & Scentsible, Hickory Trail

7 comments:

  1. I'm relatively new to this whole blogging thing and still finding my way around....and VERY new to linky parties....this is GOOD information! I just became your newest follower via bloglovin'
    stopping by to visit from Fluster’s Creative Muster Wednesday Linky Party
    Carolyn @ iamthecraftylady.com
    I hope you will stop by for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh great post, and you are right Robin's tutorial is the best out there! I was just thinking of doing a post like this too... now I'll just have to share yours. =)

    Holly at Not Done Growing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robins tutorial is the best one for Blogger bloggers who are no replies. It won't help wordpress or typed users though- they will always show up as a no reply to a Blogger user; even if they are signed into google. I want to share a post with you (I hope that's okay!) because not all bloggers are as sweet as you and can be really hateful to NRB's. please check it out if you have time :) there is also a link that tells how to reply to NRBs.

    http://www.sewsnbows.com/why-im-a-no-reply-blogger

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this! I just realized I was just that! Thanks for linking with HickoryTrail

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing my post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post, I am new to visiting your blog from the Blog Hop.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for sharing this post at the Say G'Day Saturday Linky Party. I have just pinned this and shared it on Twitter and Facebook.

    Hope to see you again this weekend!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).