Friday, 19 April 2013

Pantry Shelf Makeover


Do you have something in your house that drives you crazy but you never get around to fixing it? That was me and my builders grade wire pantry shelving… until today when it got a makeover.



As you can see, my bottles were constantly tipping over. I had to place them exactly right to get them to stay standing. I know, I know, first world problem, but it was always getting on my nerves.



Like I said, in the almost four years I’ve lived in this house I never fixed it. Then today I was at Walmart and saw really cute placemats on clearance for $1 each and inspiration struck. No, this is a not a sponsored post. I just love Walmart. We’re getting a Target soon in a city about an hour away which may cause my love for Walmart to fade, but I digress.



I cut them down to fix my pantry. For this part I was very precise – I drew roughly what needed to be cut with a whiteboard marker and then purposely cut a little larger than necessary to allow for my imprecise measurements. I then wiped off any remaining marker with my sleeve. Sometimes I’m very classy.



Then I placed all my food back in the pantry and it worked! My bottles no longer tip over. I also put placemats under a couple other sections: school snacks, dog treats, and tea and coffee. So for $6.30 and less than half an hours work, I have solved the problem. I’m glad it only took me four years.


By the way, if you'd like to see my pantry organization you can check it out here.


5 comments:

  1. I have too many things that drive me batty good for you for doing it, looks great

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect idea to fix a common problem many of us have! Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent idea! I'll share this with my sister...she has the same type of shelves! :)

    Blessings, Vicky
    Life On Willie Mae Lane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clever you,it works perfectly and will wipe clean too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).