Sunday, 28 April 2013

Cheesecake Brownies


Get ready to drool.


Don’t they look delicious? They are! In my last post I mentioned that I’m a member of a book club. We had our first meeting a couple weeks ago. The book we read was The Language of Flowers. I really enjoyed it, as did three of the other five ladies. Anyway, for our first meeting I wanted to bring something yummy so I made these Cheesecake Brownies.

The recipe is from the Kraft Canada website and, although I didn’t really change it, it’s so amazing I wanted to share. If you want a chuckle, check out how pretty their cheesecake marbled and then check out mine. There’s a reason mine had icing.

Ingredients:

1 pkg brownie mix (I used Duncan Hines with chocolate chunks)
½ cup apple sauce
3 egg whites (separated into a bowl of 2 and a bowl of 1)
¼ cup water
1 pkg (250g) cream cheese
½ cup sugar
¼ cup flour
1 can chocolate icing

Step 1: Combine brownie mix, apple sauce, 2 egg whites, and water. Blend. Pour into a greased 9x13 pan.


Step 2: Combine cream cheese (softened), sugar, flour, and 1 egg white. Blend well. Spoon on top of brownie mixture and marble through with a knife. In my case marbling meant stabbing chunks of it with a knife until they were all sort of mixed in.


Step 3: Bake for 28 minutes (adjust based on your oven) at 350 degrees. According to the Kraft website, a tester should come out of the brownies with "fudgy crumbs" on it. I just went by appearance, as I would with normal brownies.

Step 4: Cool and then ice with chocolate icing. This isn’t necessary but served to hide my horrible marbling quite well. Besides, who doesn’t like chocolate icing?




Glitter, Glue & Paint

Shared at: Lines Across, Kathe with an E, Natasha in Oz, Sugar Bee Crafts, Fluster Buster, Gingersnap Crafts, Clean & Scentsible, A Creative Princess, Artsy Fartsy Mama, Diana Rambles, SIMACB, A Stroll Through Life, Glitter, Glue & Paint

16 comments:

  1. Al...if I had a plate of these in front of me right now...breakfast would be done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK..these look soooo good! Thanks for sharing with us at Monday Funday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look delicious! And you've put a new spin on them w/ the icing! What a happy "cover-up!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!! Two of my favourite things put together... cheesecake and brownies. What a great combo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look amazing! I don't spend a lot of time in the kitchen, but I'm glad to see this recipe starts with a mix. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There goes my diet, I think I just gained a couple of pounds looking at these. Thank you for sharing on Fluster's Creative Muster Party!

    Robin
    Fluster Buster

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Allison, came from the Fluster's Creative Muster Party because I'm attracted to everything chocolate and this one looks delicious! Thank You for sharing! Gotta love chocolate! lol
    Have a great week..Lizy@http://justdipitinchocolate.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ummm! We love brownies at our house. Thank you for a new recipe to try! Our Simply Create Link party is going on right now. I would love to have you link up, as I'm sure my followers would like to see your cheesecake brownies too. Hope to see you soon!

    Melissa
    redflycreations.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a fantastic recipe-it looks delicious! I'm pinning it right now and trying this for sure. I've also shared it on Google+.

    Thanks so much for joining in with the Say G'Day Saturday Linky Party. Hope you can link up again this weekend!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Visiting from Monday Funday. I'd like to invite you to my Friday Flash Blog, where you can share your best blog entry of the week! The party goes on ALL weekend at thejennyevolution.com. And who knows, you may just get featured next week.

    Jennifer
    thejennyevolution.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look so yummy! =)
    I love chocolate desserts!

    Melissa @ My Recent favorite books

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my these do sound so good and I am drooling. Thanks tons for the recipe and thanks for linking to the Holiday Baking Party. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  13. New Follower. These looks so delicious! I'd love for you to add them to our linky party @http://thecraftiestallie.blogspot.com/2013/11/friday-follow-along-linky-party-tgif.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! These look really yummy! Thanks for stopping by and sharing them at the Throwback Thursday linky party!

    Laura from Inspiration for Moms

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my, these look super tasty! I love brownies, and I love cheesecake, so why not combine the two? Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).