Friday, 12 April 2013

2 Year Old Abstract Art


One of the things I envisioned for my office / craft room was some artwork made by little man. While I was visiting, I picked up the supplies and let him get messy.

Two of the finished pieces of Little Man's artwork.

I gave him one colour at a time. We did 6 canvases so one colour per sitting was the limit for his attention span.

I love the pout he gets when he's concentrating
and his hair after just getting up from a nap.

My mama (that's Grammie to him) and I gave him suggestions like “Why don’t you paint on this side?” or “I think you should use more of that colour.” but that was about it. The rest was all him.

The six pieces, before adding the white paint/water mixture.

After we had our 6 colours done, I wanted something to tone it down a bit. I mixed a little bit of white paint in a lot of water. He used a loofa to sponge the white mixture onto the paintings.

Three pieces with the white mixture drying.

VoilĂ . I kept two for myself and gave one each to my brother, (ex) sister-in-law, and both sets of grandparents. I love my new pieces of art and can't wait to get them displayed in my office / craft room.


Shared at: Finding Home, Fluster Buster, Ginger Snap Crafts, Clean & Scentsible, A Creative Princess, Diana Rambles, SIMACB, Inspiration Cafe

10 comments:

  1. You have a very talented little man :)
    Wish both of you a nice Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honeyyyy that is a serious artist face if I ever seen one....SO cuteee! he did a great job you never know he those paintings might make you some big money some day!..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love children's art! It may seem like there's no rhyme or reason to it, but there is, IMO. What a great way to document his creativity. He did a great job at these! You may have a budding artist on your hands.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love kid abstract art! Those are great colors and look really good in a grouping! Thanks for sharing at Monday Funday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great activity for kids! got you from A Creative Princess link up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shared on my FB page too! Just hopped from Diana's pin me link up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi
    Nowadays kids doing things better than adult.Its so nice to see this art..i would like to congrats him on seeing his interest in art..

    revista de arte

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute Al - I did this with my oldest when he was about this age.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Hun - you're being featured on Monday xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).