Wednesday, 20 March 2013

Mrs. Nickerson's Fudge


As far as I can remember, this is the first recipe that I actually asked someone for. The woman’s name was Mrs. Nickerson and she lived across the street. I have no idea how I came to try her fudge but it was delicious. We moved from that street when I was 14 (17 years ago… I feel old) and I have no idea whatever happened to her but I think of her whenever I make it.


To start, you want to have everything measured, prepped, and ready to go. This recipe is quick and easy but requires you to move quickly through the process. Don’t be intimidated. I just want you to be prepared.

Ingredients:

1 2/3 cups sugar
2/3 cup milk (I use skim or 2%, whichever we happen to have)
2 tablespoons butter (I used to use margarine and it worked fine too)

2 cups mini marshmallows
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
1 teaspoon vanilla (I never actually measure it)

Cooking spray (I use Pam baking spray)


Directions:

Step 1: Spray a glass pan and set it to the side. The pan I use is 9 x 13 and makes fairly thin fudge.


Step 2: In a large pot combine the first three ingredients: sugar, milk and butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat for five minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.


Step 3: Stir in the next three ingredients: marshmallows, chocolate chips, vanilla. You’ll need to stir quickly to make it all melt. If your mixture gets a little too hard to stir, you can put it back on the heat for a couple seconds.


Step 4: Pour the fudge into the glass pan and place in the fridge. Cool, cut, and serve. You can also freeze the fudge.





Shared at: A Creative Princess, Artsy-Fartsy Mama, Diana Rambles, Lines Across, Countrified Hicks, Sugar Bee Crafts, Clean & Scentsible, Fluster Buster, Ginger Snap Crafts, Inspiration Cafe, The Thriftiness Miss

8 comments:

  1. Oh my, this looks delicious. I am having a weekly blog link up and it just went live. I would love for you to come and share this with us!

    http://countrifiedhicks.blogspot.com/2013/03/mondays-with-countrified-hicks-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure Mrs. Nickerson would love that you think of her every time you make the fudge! Thanks again for another great share at IC's link party! Pinning this one too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! I think I must make this. Fudge is what I want for breakfast now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Al these look so easy and so delicious! I'm pinning and I have to make these for the kids (and me) So glad you linked up to the party hugs xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Al, you are making me very hungry for some not-so-breakfast like things this morning as I go through these party links!! Thanks for sharing this at the Inspiration Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy! I love fudge...and anything chocolate! Now I've got to check out your cheesecake brownies...mmm... Visiting from Inspiration Cafe!

    -andi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).