Saturday, 23 March 2013

D's Daily To Do List


I have a confession; I can be a bit of a nag. According to D, I don’t even know how good I am at it. Do you think that’s a compliment? I’m not sure. Anyway, I thought that if I nagged him enough to brush his teeth, eat breakfast, and all that stuff that 13-year-old boys tend to forget, he’d eventually remember without my prompting. It’s been over four months since he moved in and I’m starting to feel like a broken record.


In order to save my sanity, I decided to make this sheet for D. It includes all the things he needs to do at various times of the day. Some things don’t need to be done every single day but I included them anyway.

Here's the step by step:

Step 1: Go to picmonkey.com and choose Create A Collage. On the left hand side, choose layouts (the second option), cards, and then change the size to 5 x 7. Click save and call it whatever you want.



Step 2: Go back to picmonkey.com and choose Edit a Photo. It will prompt you to open a file. Select the blank one you just saved. 



Step 3: From the lefthand side select the font option (the P). Next pick the font you like and type your list.



Step 4: From the lefthand side select the textures option (second from the bottom). I picked the paint option and played around with the options.

Step 5: Save your work, print it out, and frame it. 



D has been using a dry-erase marker to cross things off as they are finished. It's been two days so far and it seems to be working. No more nagging... at least not about the things on the list.

Shared at: Lines Across, Countrified Hicks, Sugar Bee Crafts, Clean & Scentsible, Fluster Buster, Ginger Snap Crafts, A Creative Princess, Artsy-Fartsy Mama, Diana Rambles, Beauty in the Mess, Organizing Made Fun

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea! :) Thanks for linking this up to Monday Funday!

    Kelly @ View Along the Way
    www.viewalongtheway.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm laughing over the deodorant and shower parts. So true! And discovering girls didn't help with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice to put it as a decoration!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).