Wednesday, 20 February 2013

Painting My Office / Craft Room


On Sunday I showed you the start of turning M’s bedroom into my office/craft room which involved (shudder) painting the closet. Since then I’ve painted the rest of the room. Here are my opinions on the products I used. This is not a sponsored post. I bought these products using my own money but wish I’d been able to find info like this on these products so I thought I’d share.


I started with the usual prep: patching holes, sanding bumps, washing walls, and taping edges. Instead of traditional green painters tape I decided to try Scotch Blue Edgeworks tape. It’s supposed to have some fancy way of stopping paint from bleeding under the tape. In my opinion, it was just like every other painters tape. It was fine but I still had some bleeding. Plus, it had to come off while the paint was still wet.; I know I should always take tape off when the paint is wet but usually I get lazy and leave it for a day or two. Honestly, it was fine but I won’t spend the extra for this tape again.


Next I painted the walls a beautiful purple. It’s called Silverberry from Behr. I used their Ultra Paint and Primer in One in a satin finish. I have mixed feelings about the paint. It was a little tricky to use, in that it went on really thick but I had trouble not having drips at first. With that said, it took ONE coat and I got excellent coverage. However, I went from a periwinkle to a purple so it wasn’t a huge change. Would I use it again? Maybe. Probably. Most likely. I like that I didn’t have to do a second coat so the little bit of drippage (is that even a word?) was worth it.


Once it was all dry I hung up the curtains. I bought them on clearance at a discount store and wasn’t sure if I liked them or not but I figured they were cheap and would do for the time being. Turns out they look much nicer than they did in the package and they're Martha. Not bad for $8! I’ve been busy refinishing a desk (the primer has to set for 7 days and I’m really impatient) and getting the rest of the room set up. I’ll be sure to show you once it’s all put together. Until then, here’s another look and my new favourite paint colour.

Shared at: A Creative Princess, Delightful Order, Artsy Fartsy Mama, Diana Rambles, Lines Across, Sugar Bee Crafts, Clean & Scentsible, Ginger Snap Crafts

6 comments:

  1. I just did some newborn pictures for a family and the baby girl's nursery was painted this color. It is so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice site I like it and i am following. I hope you will do the same according2sharon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just painted and finished my office/craft space this past week! I really love the idea of putting a bookcase in the closet. I need to do that! I'm excited to be a new follower:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the color. It is so cute. Thanks for linking up to Artsy Corner:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let me guess. Purple is your favorite color, isn't it? Your craft room proves it. And your blog is filled with purple designs too! :) Anyhow, I like the shade that you used for your craft room. It goes well with the door frame and window trim. Simply beautiful!

    Suzanne Dyck @ CertaPro Painters of Waterloo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).