Sunday, 17 February 2013

Painting Closets: A Tip


Last night I started working on my office/craft room (formerly M’s bedroom, which is being moved to the basement). You have no idea how excited this makes me! What didn’t make me excited was the ugly closet. I love painting rooms but I hate painting closets. In fact, when we painted M’s room we left the closet the boring beige that is still in much of our house.

The closet before. This photo is decieving: the walls are more
blueish and the closet is more beige. Either way, at this point I'd
taken all the hardware out of the closet so it was an empty hole.

I wasn’t sure about painting the closet, although I really didn’t want to leave it beige, so when my mom told me this tip she was given by someone at a paint shop, I thought it was brilliant. Are you ready for it? PAINT THE CLOSET WHITE! Sorry to yell but I’m so excited. It’s so simple. It’ll match any colour. It’ll always look clean and fresh.  I’ll never (or at least not for a very long time) have to paint it again. Maybe this is common sense to others but it was pretty revolutionary for me.

The closet after. It looks so much better. I love the crisp white! Also,
in case you're wondering why there are no shelves, I patched the holes
and plan on putting book shelves in the closet. I don't plan on keeping clothes
in my office/craft room but want to make use of the storage space.

So last night that’s exactly what I did. I used Behr Paint and Primer in One with a satin ultra finish. The colour is W-F-600, Snowfall. I love the colour but am not sure how I feel about the paint yet. My opinion was tainted by my hatred of painting the closet (and even worse, the ceiling in the closet) so I’ll let you know my thoughts after I paint the rest of the room.

5 comments:

  1. I have lots of closets I need to paint as well, thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brightens the closet so much. I don't hate painting the closet, I just sweet talk my hubby to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! Thanks for linking up to my Pin Me Party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a few closets that need painting. It's no fun to do it but they sure look nice when they are done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to love painting and the more I seem to do around my house I despise it as well. I've don't a couple closets and have about 3 more to go..lol!! Thanks for sharing at Throwback Thursday.

    xoxo
    Denyse

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).