Monday, 11 February 2013

Fruit Loop Squares


In case you missed the overview (click here to check it out), here's a little background. M turned 11 in December and wanted to have a colourful party. She chose to invite two friends for a sleepover instead of lots of friends for a shorter party. I’ve already posted about the décor, the cake, and the crayon art. It’s taken a while but here are the delicious fruit loop squares I made for the party.


This recipe is adapted from this one by Dana at Made.

Ingredients:
¼ cup margarine
6 cups mini marshmallows
8 cups fruit loops (I used generic brand)

Step 1: Melt the margarine and mini marshmallows in a large pot over medium heat.


Step 2: Once melted, stir in the fruit loops.


Step 3: Press them into a greased cookie sheet with a fairly high lip. I actually used a sheet that was too big so I pressed them to one side and it worked fine.


Step 4: Leave them in the fridge to cool.


Step 5: Cut up and serve. I served them with some chocolate chip cookies. I also put the candy bowls on the tray for the girls to munch on during the movie.


Just a warning: these may be the most addictive cookies I've ever made. Seriously, I could not stop eating them. It was so bad I've avoided making them again because I really have no will power and self restraint.

Shared at: SIMACB, Sugar Bee Crafts, Clean and Scentsible, Ginger Snap Crafts, A Creative Princess, Artsy-Fartsy Mama, Delightful Order, Lines Across

7 comments:

  1. The fruit loop squares look so good Al! Love the new look on the blog! Wishing you a lovely week & Happy Valentine's Day! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fruit loops! These look so good! Gutted I cannot get them here in the UK otherwise I would be making these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yum, that is my kind of treat pinning this :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found you from Sugar Bee Crafts! I'm your newest follower via GFC. I host Fluster Creative Muster Party on Wednesdays and I would love it if you would come by and party with us. Hope to see you there!

    Hugs, Smiles, and Blessings,

    Robin
    Fluster Buster

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM! and cute! Thanks for linking up to Monday Funday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look soo good. I will have to add this to my recipes. Thanks for sharing at Artsy Corner :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome recipe! It seems so delicious!
    Great post!! I included it in my post Βόλτα στη Γειτονιά #23 :)
    Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).