Sunday, 6 January 2013

Party Tri-Colour Cake

In case you missed the overview (click here to check it out), here's a little background. M turned 11 last month and wanted to have a colourful party. She chose to invite two friends for a sleepover instead of lots of friends for a shorter party. I plan on posting about several different elements of her party and will link them all back to the overview.

For her cake, M asked for a multicoloured cake. She picked through the food colouring and decided on purple, pink and teal.


First I prepared two boxes of vanilla cake mix, following the directions on the box. Once it was prepared, I separated it into three separate bowls. In each bowl I added some food colouring and stirred until it was evenly mixed. I then baked it according to the directions on the box.


Once the layers had cooled, I put them together with a layer of store-bough vanilla icing in between each colour. Don’t be alarmed that the edges look a little brown; that’s just from baking it.


I finished icing it and added a few sprinkles. From the outside it looks like a plain, vanilla cake.


However once you cut into it you see the beautiful colours.

7 comments:

  1. Oh yum Al - that cake looks amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking to Take-A-Look Tuesday over at Sugar Bee Crafts - you were featured today!
    --Mandy, www.SugarBeeCrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! I love this. Pink, purple, and teal are my favorite colors as well. Maybe I can get someone to make it for my birthday too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable!! You did an amazing job!
    Thanks for linking this up at Artsy Corner. You were featured today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw this featured over at Artsy Corner. It's *FABULOUS*! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your party tri-colour cake looks so yummy and moist! That wouldn't last long at our house! -The Six Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, I've found this cake absolutely perfect for a Carnival party, so I linked your tutorial in the article I wrote for the italian magazine online http://www.lenuovemamme.it/lopinionedellemamme/carnevale-feste-idee-e-decorazioni/
    Hope you don't mind.
    Best Regards

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).