Thursday, 3 January 2013

Party Decor


In case you missed the overview (click here to check it out), here's a little background. M turned 11 last month and wanted to have a colourful party. She chose to invite two friends for a sleepover instead of lots of friends for a shorter party. I plan on posting about several different elements of her party and will link them all back to the overview.

For the decorations, I wanted to keep it cheap simple while sticking to M’s vision of colourful. 


I started by buying some supplies at the dollar store: a pink tablecloth, pink glasses, pink napkins, and two different sizes of balloon plates. I already had plastic cutlery, coloured straws, and the orange tray at home.


Next we made the banner. I found a free printable alphabet here and printed out the letters we needed on cardstock. M cut them out, I hole punched them, M strung them on ribbon, and I stapled through each letter to hold it in place.


We made the table runner using leftover scraps of scrapbook paper. I got the idea here. M used the Cuttlebug to cut out lots of different size circles and we spread them along the center of the table. They aren’t attached to each other or to the table so they could be reused but ours got messy while making our crayon art.


Last but not least we used candy for our centerpieces. The idea came from here. I picked up the bowls and some colourful candy at Walmart. I went with gummy worms, skittles (the purple bag), and jellybeans. These also doubled as snacks and as part of the take-home treat.


5 comments:

  1. I love all the circles put together- gives a really fun spin on a table runner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So colorful and fun! Just love it!
    Have a fabulous day!

    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute!! Love all the decor and the details. Great work!

    Thanks so much for linking up at Artsy Corner. Hope to see you again this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! I still need to post my daughter's bday party from a month ago!

    ReplyDelete
  5.  Hi, great post. I found you through the blog hop. Please stop  by and say hi when you get a chance.  .Be sure and check out my new Blog Hop that started. It's Weekly Goals Link Up. It's a great way to stay on track. Have a great day. :) Now following you.  Here's the link for it if you would like to check it out.
    http://lenettacarnes.blogspot.com/2013/01/weekly-goals-linkup.html
    Lenetta

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).