Sunday, 9 December 2012

Thumbprint Ornaments


As those of you who’ve been reading for a while may know, I absolutely adore my nephew Reid and hate that he lives on the other side of the country. He’ll be 2 in January and I think he’s perfect. We have a phone chat two mornings a week while I get ready for work and Skype once a week so we’re actually quite close but I really miss him spending time with him in person.

Seeing as I’m not there to make crafts with him, I sent my mom a link to these Reindeer Thumbprint Ornaments from Little Bit Funky and hinted (not so subtly) that she should make some with him. She got the hint and, on one of the days she was taking care of him, they made these reindeer ornaments. Mine arrived in the mail last week.


Aren’t they adorable?!? She bought non-breakable ornaments in various shades of silver. They used Crayola washable paint to make the thumbprints and then mom used paint markers to add the details: his name and the year. They’re definitely my favourite ornaments on my tree. I can’t help by smile every time I look at them. 


I’ve already decided that making ornaments needs to become a yearly tradition and she has bookmarked a link I’ve sent her for next year.



On a totally separate note, I've been a bad blogger lately and even missed my blog's first birthday. Shame on me. I thought about doing a "year in review" post but thought I'd leave that for the end of 2012. I do want to take a minute to say thank you. It's amazing how much this blog has come to mean to me, as well as the people I've "met" through the blog world. You have supported me more than I think you realize and I appreciate your kindness and encouragement.

Shared on: Lines Across, Sugar Bee Crafts, Clean & Scentsible, Ginger Snap Crafts, A Creative Princess, Delightful Order, Artsy-Fartsy Mama

7 comments:

  1. Oh these are just adorable!!! I'm going to have to bookmark these for next year Al. So cute and so meaningful too. xx Nat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh these are so cute i want to make some with my finger prints for my girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog! What great ideas... I am your newest follower and was kinda sorta maybe hopin' you'd pop on by and follow me back!

    xoxo-
    Sarah
    www.enjoyingtheepiphany.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are absolutely adorable Al! Isn't Skype the best thing ever? I skype with my parents in Nova Scotia a few times a week, and several aunts & uncles all across the country! Did you give the dog a scolding for chewing your pinecones? haha. Have a wonderful week! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a wonderful idea! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute!! Such a fun idea.

    Thanks so much for sharing this at Artsy Corner. Hope to see you again this week :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).