Sunday, 23 December 2012

Scrapbook Paper Ornament Picture


I shared this project over at Inspiration Cafe last week. In case you missed it, here it is...

Please excuse the shadows. It's dark when I go to school and dark when I
get home so it's difficult to get nice photos with natural light.

To start, I cut a piece of card stock (I love the burlap look) to fit in an 8x10 frame. Next I cut 3 circles out of Christmas paper, making one slightly smaller than the others. To make the circles look like hanging ornaments I poked a hole in each of them with a pen and threaded them with bakers twine. After that I inked the edges with brown ink and then stuck the ornaments in place. The middle one is stuck on using raised dots, which adds a bit of dimension to the picture even after it’s framed, while the other two are attached using glue. Once everything on the front was attached, I turned the paper over and taped down the ends of the twine to the back.


Don't you love the snowman bowl?
I keep my school keys and chap stick in it to avoid filling it with candy.

Seriously, that’s it. As I write this, I’m a little embarrassed by how uncomplicated it is. Oh well. Quick, cheap and easy – my kind of craft! I’m not one for clutter or busy stuff so I love the simplicity of this piece but you could easily fancy it up with glitter, ribbons, buttons, or whatever you have on hand. 

Shared at: 4 You With Love, Someday Crafts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).