Wednesday, 19 December 2012

Our First Christmas: Wedding Memorabilia Ornaments


I wanted to make some ornaments to mark J and my first Christmas together.


First I made two using a leftover wedding invitation. I cut it into ½ inch strips, rolled them, and then placed them inside a glass bulb. I alternated having purple on the outside of the roll and having white on the outside. It took 8 strips per bulb. I then put the lid back on and tied some “happily ever after” ribbon (left over from our candy buffet containers) to hang ornament.


Next I decided to use some of my bouquet flowers. I threw away most of them but dried a couple, although I had no idea what I’d do with them. I broke them into small pieces and put them inside a clear bulb. I put the lid back on and tied some of the ribbon I’d saved from my bouquet to hang the ornament.


I love that these ornaments use memorabilia from our wedding that would have otherwise been thrown away. I also think it’ll be pretty fantastic years from now to have them as a reminder of J and my fantastic wedding day.

Shared at: A Creative Princess, Artsy-Fartsy Mama, Sugar Bee Crafts, Someday Crafts

6 comments:

  1. Aw, these are awesome. What a fun idea for wedding momentos. I might have to go back and make some of these even though we got married 3 years ago and I am stil trying to get our scrapbook together :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My partner and I stumbled over here coming from a different
    website and thought I might check things
    out. I like what I see so i am just following you. Look
    forward to looking over your web page for a second time.
    My weblog :: laserremovalreviews.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks very interesting blog!
    My blog post - Hair removal Products

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful idea! Happy First Merry Christmas together! Wishing you merry memories! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful idea, I love it!

    I'm having a PINTEREST Social hop. I'd love for you to hop on over, grab a button and link up your Pinterest. If you don't have Pinterest it's ok, come link up your blog.

    http://mydailyphotojourney.blogspot.com/2012/12/pinterest-party.html

    I'm also looking for Pinterest Pinners to feature every week beginning in January. If you are on Pinterest and are interested in being featured come link up! Who knows you might meet some other great pinners and gain a few great ideas.

    http://mydailyphotojourney.blogspot.com/2012/12/looking-for-pinners.html

    Have a crazy beautiful week!


    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, new follower here and I’d like to invite you to join me at my weekly Clever Chicks Blog Hop:

    http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/12/clever-chicks-blog-hop-14-baklava.html



    I hope you can make it!

    Cheers,

    Kathy Shea Mormino

    The Chicken Chick

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).