Sunday, 18 November 2012

Wedding Scrapbook Version 1 Part 1


Before the kids arrived I tried very hard to finish a couple big projects including our wedding scrapbook. I realize that it has been four months since the wedding but it took 3 months to get our photos and I was so overwhelmed by the project that I kept putting off starting. Finally I bit the bullet and jumped on in.

I wanted our scrapbook to reflect the style of our wedding – casual yet elegant. J and I got married in July in Canmore, Alberta. We love the mountains and camp in Kananaskis (close to this town) as often as we can, so we thought it would be a great spot for the festivities. We kept it small by inviting immediate family only and had a total of 11 people include us. We got married outside, did our first dance at the ceremony, and then had a nice dinner, all at Silvertip Golf Resort. We kept it small and focused on having the people who really mattered there to celebrate our commitment.

I may have been insane ambitious in thinking I could get it all done in a week but I got a good start. We got our photos done at several locations around the area before the ceremony, and that’s what I’ve got done. This is everything up to the ceremony. 
The first page: our invitation - see here for instructions on how they were made.
Locations 1 and 2: Grassy Lakes and a field on the side of the road close to Quarry Lake.
The top right is one of my favourites!
Location 3: Another random field on the side of the road.
I think the one of me trying to be elegant (and failing), holding my dress and
J being a gentleman and holding my flowers really shows the true us.
The purple ribbon is from my bouquet.
Location 4: A grassy median beside the highway. I loved the random places our photographer took us!
Location 4.5: The middle of the road beside the median by the highway. This is actually the overpass to get on the Trans Canada Highway. Thankfully you can get away with things like this when wearing a big white dress. The right is the RSVP cards from our guests.

I'm really happy with how it's turning out so far. I feel like it suits our style and showcases our best photos without having too many or being too busy. Plus with scenery as beautiful as the Rocky Mountains, it's really not hard to have beautiful photos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).