Friday, 30 November 2012

Diet Coke Brownies


Diet Coke (caffeine free) is one of my favorite things. I love that feeling of taking a sip from a bubbly, cold glass of Diet Coke-y goodness. Yum. So when a friend told me about Diet Coke Brownies I had to try them.

I really wasn't a huge fan of these (although I managed to eat the whole pan - not in one sitting). They didn't taste like regular brownies. They are more sticky, dense and pudding-y. With that said, they did fix the chocolate craving so I thought that, even though I probably won't make them again, I would share them anyway. 


Ingredients:
1½ cups of diet coke
1 package of brownie mix

Step 1: Mix Diet Coke and brownie mix. It fizzes a lot. 

Step 2: Pour into a greased dish and bake following the instructions on the box. I had to leave mine on a little longer than the box suggested.

Step 3: Cool, ice and enjoy. You could skip the icing but I buy the brownie mix that includes a package of icing. In my opinion you can never go wrong with icing.

3 comments:

  1. Yummy!! I love your blog! What great ideas... I am your newest follower and was kinda sorta maybe hopin' you'd pop on by and follow me back!

    xoxo-
    Sarah
    www.enjoyingtheepiphany.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMM now that's my kind of baking! I', a coke zero gal myself I need the caffine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum!! So awesome that is doesn't use any other ingredients!
    So glad you shared this at Artsy Corner. Hope to see you again this week :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).