Saturday, 10 November 2012

Button Thumbtacks


As you may or may not know, I switched schools this year. I transferred from a traditional junior high school to an alternative school (also called an outreach school). It has been quite a learning curve but I am so happy that I made the change and love my new job! One thing I’m finding hard to adjust to is not having my own classroom. Instead, I have a desk in the office and then I move between the junior high room, senior high room, and supported learning room.


To try and prettify my desk and make it feel more like mine, I decided to make some super easy button thumbtacks. I accidentally erased the photos of the process (I’m still not used to my Mac) but I can explain it to you.


Materials needed:
Thumbtacks
Knife (or something to rough up the thumbtack)
Glue
Buttons
Book (or something heavy and flat)


Step 1: Rough up the head of a thumbtack. I used a butter knife. I just wanted a little bit of rough surface so the glue would stick.

Step 2: Place a drop of glue (I used Gorilla Glue) on the thumbtack, then press it onto the back of the button. Be careful not to use too much or it seeps through the holes.

Step 3: Lay something heavy on top of the thumbtacks to apply pressure while they dry. I used a book.

Step 4: Put them in your bulletin board and enjoy.


Shared on: Saturday Seven @ Positively Splendid, Take A Look Tuesday @ Sugar Bee Crafts, The Creative Spark @ Clean & Scentsible, Wow Me Wednesday @ Ginger Snap Crafts, It's A Party @ A Creative Princess, Delightfully Inspiring Thursday @ Delightful Order, Artsy Corner @ Artsy-Fartsy Mama

6 comments:

  1. Love this! I have a ton of buttons and have been wondering what else I can do with them. Would love it if you linked up on my blog hop www.w-t-fab.com/search/label/bloghop. Also let me know if you'd like to follow each other!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful idea. They look great and so simple to make. Thanks for sharing.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet-going to have to make some, thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet-going to have to make some, thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so cute! What a fun idea!
    Thanks so much for linking up at Artsy Corner. Hope to see you again this week! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).