Saturday, 8 September 2012

Fall Decorations part 1


I know I said I’d share more recipes for preserving veggies with you but to be honest I’m just not in the mood. Maybe later. Instead, I thought I’d show you the start of my fall decorating.

I really didn’t have any fall decorations other than a table runner so M and I went shopping to see what we could find. We came home with two bags of mini-pumpkins and two bags of gourds which cost less than $16 total. We also scavenged a bag full of pinecones from a park. Later M and J went back to the park to get me some branches. All the dishes are ones I already had. I love being cheap frugal.


First is the kitchen table. This runner is one my mom made when I first moved out on my own.  The plant lives there all year round. I arranged some gourds, mini-pumpkins and pinecones on a white serving plate and the table was finished.



I love gourds!


This ledge is in the living room, behind the television. I just added a couple mini-pumpkins and a small dish of pinecones. By keeping it simple, I didn’t have to put away any of the things that were already there.


Next is an end table. I bought this little container at Michael’s last year and so put a few gourds in it. This is where the laptop lives so I didn’t want to take up to much space.


Last but not least, this platter of mini-pumpkins and pinecones is in the bathroom. Yep, you read correctly. It’s sitting on top of the toilet. I couldn’t find anywhere to put it in the living room but I liked the look of it so I thought I’d spread the decorating into another room.


The centerpiece of my fall decorating is my dresser that I painted a few months ago that sits in the living room at the top of the stairs. It’s almost finished but I have to wait for some paint to dry to finish up my final project. Once it’s done, I’ll show you that as well. For now, here’s a teaser.



Shared on:
Saturday Seven @ Positively Splendid
Take A Look Tuesday @ Sugar Bee Crafts
Clean & Scentsible @ The Creative Spark
Wow Me Wednesday @ Ginger Snap Crafts
It's a Party @ A Creative Princess

1 comment:

  1. Saw you over at NorthShore Days! I love these fall decorations! Happy to be following you! Any friend of Nat's is a friend of mine! Looking forward to more!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).