Tuesday, 25 September 2012

Chocolate Coconut Squares


I shared this recipe on North Shore Days last week. If you've never been to North Shore Days, you should go check it out. Nat has lots of great tutorials and makes some of the most awesome jewelry I've seen!

* * * * *

Lately I've been invited to a lot of functions and have brought these cookies with me to several of them. They're a variation on a recipe my mom used to make. They're easy to make,  full of chewy, chocolatey goodness, and are always a hit.



Ingredients:
½ cup butter
1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
2 cups chocolate chips (divided in half)
½ cup walnuts
½ cup Skor bits
1 ½ cups coconut (divided in half)
1 tin sweetened condensed milk

Preheat oven to 325.

Spray a 9x13 cooking dish with no-stick baking spray.

Melt ½ cup butter. Stir in 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs. Once mixed, pressed into the bottom of the cooking dish.


Sprinkle 1 cup chocolate chips, ½ cup walnuts, ½ cup Skor bits, and 2/3 cup coconut.

Cover evenly with sweetened condensed milk.


Sprinkle with 1 cup chocolate chips and 2/3 cup coconut. Use a fork to gently push the layers together.

Bake for approximately 30 minutes, until lightly browned. Cool before cutting.


The ingredients I sprinkled below and above the sweetened condensed milk were ones I found in my pantry. You could change it up based on what you have and like.  As you can tell I really like chocolate and coconut although, in my opinion, anything with sweetened condensed milk tastes great!




Featured on:



Shared on:
The Creative Spark @ Clean & Scentsible
Wow Me Wednesday @ Ginger Snap Crafts
Saturday Seven @ Positively Splendid
The Cure for the Common Monday @ Lines Across
Man Up. Link Up. @ SIMACB
Take A Look Tuesday @ Sugar Bee Crafts
Delightfully Inspiring Thursday @ Delightful Order
Artsy Corner @ Artsy Fartsy Mama

4 comments:

  1. I love any and everything with coconut! I just wrote a post about it with a recipe-
    http://feathersandsunshine.blogspot.com/2012/09/figure-friendly-friday-6-crispy-coconut.html
    I've got to try these, they look drool-worthy!
    Stacia@http://feathersandsunshine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just gained weight from looking at these pics. Seriously.

    They look delish! I'll be trying this recipe this week. Thanks for sharing!

    Newest follower from the linkup!

    Swing by if you can. :)

    xo
    SEL
    growinglaughingandlovinginlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUMMO!! These look delicious! So glad you linked these up at Artsy Corner. I featured you today! So, come over and grab a featured button! :) Keep up the amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These remind me of the Hello Dolly cookies my mom makes at Christmas, but with the Skor bits, they sound even yummier! I'm pinning these to make in the future. Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).