Sunday, 12 August 2012

Washer Initial

Do you have a pile of projects that you completed but never quite got around to blogging about? I do. It’s not an actual pile, more a folder on my computer with the photos, but the idea is the same. The plan for the next couple weeks is to clean out the folder. Here’s the first one…

My nephew R is my precious little man. Unfortunately, he lives on the other side of the country. Thank goodness for Skype! Anyway, his family just bought a new house and he will be moving into his very own big boy room. I wanted to make him something for his room and, because he (and his family) were coming to Alberta for the wedding, I took a break from all things wedding to get it done so I could send it home with them.


Materials:
Frame and mat
Scrapbook paper (thicker is better)
Pencil and eraser
Modge Podge and sponge
Washers (I used 2 sizes)

I didn’t take pictures during the process but it was quite simple.

First I placed the mat over the paper so I could see the space I was working with. I freehanded an “R” on the scrapbook paper, writing very lightly and going just outside where I planned on placing the washers.

Next I used my sponge to cover a small section with Modge Podge and then placed the washers. I wasn’t too particular about the placement but made sure I kept it slightly inside the “R”. I continued working in small sections all the way around until the “R” was complete.

Once that layer of Modge Podge was dry I painted another layer of Modge Podge over the top of the washers, being sure to get it in all the nooks and crannies. I went as thick as I could without making the paper wrinkle.

After all the Modge Podge was dry, I erased the original “R” (that’s why I wrote it very lightly) and placed it inside the mat and frame.


And here you have the finished product. I'll have to get his parents to send a picture of it hung in his room once they're all moved in and organized.

Shared on:
Take A Look Tuesday @ Sugar Bee Crafts
The Creative Spark @ Clean and Scentsible
Wow Me Wednesday @ Ginger Snap Crafts
It's a Party @ A Creative Princess
Delightfully Inspiring Thursday @ Delightful Order
The Saturday Seven @ Positively Splendid
The Happy Housie

2 comments:

  1. I love this Al - I'm going to give you a shoutout on my FB page http://www.facebook.com/NorthShoreDays
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute and budget-friendly! New GFC follower from The Creative Spark.

    Check out my blog and follow back if you like! Thanks!

    Have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).