Friday, 20 July 2012

My Super Amazing Custom Drawer Organizer

I love my house but one thing that drives me crazy is the lack of drawers in my kitchen. I have lots of cupboards but very few drawers. Because of this, all our utensils are kept in one drawer (except our knives which sit in a block on the counter). To make this even more annoying, the drawer doesn’t work with any store bought organizers. I’ve tried different brands, styles, materials, etc. and nothing fit properly. After grumbling about this for the past three years, J finally got the hint and made me this super amazing custom drawer organizer.


This isn’t really an accurate before. We used to have this a lot more organized. This is before, after we had removed several of the containers and moved things around to see what fit best in which location.


J built it out of molding. I wasn’t around when he did it, but from what he told me it was annoying to build. He brought it home and I decided to paint it white.


Midway through painting I ran out of white and decided to finish it up with dark brown. I didn’t really care about the colour, I just wanted it painted in case I needed to clean it.


After the paint was dry we put it in place. Doesn't it look pretty?


I had fun filling it. All our cutlery is in the bottom six slots. The top left is cutting utensils like steak knives and pizza cutters, and next to that is a space full of cooking utensils. The third large space is for baking supplies and the one on the right is for other random things we need.


Doesn't it look so much better?! I love it, especially knowing that J made it for me.

In other news, this will probably be my last post of a while. Only 8 days until I become a Mrs. and the family starts arriving tomorrow. While the wedding is small and simple, I don't know how much time (if any) I'll have to post. If you don't see me around for a few weeks, don't worry about me. I'll be back online once life gets back to normal.

Shared on:
Saturday Seven @ Positively Splendid

1 comment:

  1. I love custom made organizers! It looks really functional! I got only 2 drawers myself, and one of them, when it opens, it only passes the counter about 1/3 of its length, so it's really difficult to use. Anyway, enjoy your new organizer! And hope your wedding goes smoothly and is everything you want it to be :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).