Friday, 29 June 2012

Safety Pin Bracelet

Happy summer! I know most places have already started their holidays but today was my last day of school. Being slightly crazy, I only have 3 days of vacation until I go back to work. Every year I head to Edmonton (our province’s capital) to mark government exams for a week during the summer and this year the marking starts early. On a positive note, that means it’ll be over early and then I can come home and relax. Anyway, to go with the first day of summer holidays I thought I’d share a cute safety pin bracelet that my stepdaughter M made. It came from a kit but we added to it and changed it a bit, and you definitely don't need the kit to make your own.

Supplies needed:
Saftey pins
Beads
Elastic string

Add beads to the safety pins. M used the ones that came in the kit (including the charms) as well as other random ones from my stash.


String the elastic through the bottom of the safety pins so it’s the right size for your wrist. Tie the ends together. Do the same through the top of the safety pins.


That’s it. It’s not really my style but it looks awesome on a 10 year old


Shared on:
The Saturday Seven @ Positively Splendid
Take A Look Tuesday @ Sugar Bee Crafts
The Creative Spark @ Clean & Scentible
Summer Link Up @ Ginger Snap Crafts

2 comments:

  1. Oh!! I will try and make a few of these!! Fabulous!

    You are planning on sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality.. right? Please :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Al this is really cute and colorful! I may give this a try for my niece for a stocking stuffer with some Christmasy beads!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).