Sunday, 17 June 2012

Pounds To Goal Jar

I’m a visual person. It doesn’t matter how many times you tell me something, I need to see it written down. Because of that, when I saw this neat jar of rocks at Thirty Days To..., I pinned it. Fast forward to last Sunday. I decided enough was enough, I have to get healthy, and I have to stop procrastinating. Jillian Michaels and I are going to become best friends, but more on that later. To help motivate me, I decided to create my own version of the jar. I didn’t want to spend money so I dug around my jars until I found one I liked and used chalkboard paint to colour in a rectangle on the side. I then filled it with one button per pound I want to lose to reach a healthy and realistic weight for my height.


Confession, I have more than 42 pounds to goal... a lot more...
but I'm not comfortable telling the interwebs exactly how much
so 42 seemed like a nice random number.

Back to Jillian Michaels… Have you ever heard of the 30 Day Shred? It’s a seriously horrible, painful, hard workout but it’s short. Really short. Less than 25 minutes. That’s my kind of workout. So I committed to doing it every single day. Yesterday was day 7 and when I stepped on the scale, I was shocked. I lost 12 pounds. Yes, a lot of it is water weight. Yes, I still have a lot to go. No, I don’t care about those things because I’m thrilled with my results. No, I’m not getting compensated to say this. Anyway, after weighing myself I removed 12 buttons from the jar, erased my old pounds to goal number (and some of the paint came off, grr. I think the glass it too smooth and I should have scratched it up frist. Oh well, live and learn.) and wrote my new number.

My goal is to be down another 11 buttons for a total of 33 by the end of my 30 days. Wish me luck!

Shared on:
The Cure for the Common Monday @ Lines Across
Take A Look Tuesday @ Sugar Bee Crafts
The Creative Spark @ Clean & Scentsible
Wow Me Wednesday @ Ginger Snap Crafts
Delightfully Inspiring Thursday @ Delightful Order

2 comments:

  1. Love this idea! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I am SO making one of these for the New Year, to help with my #1 resolution!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).