Saturday, 9 June 2012

My Nemesis: Sugar Cookies


Do you have anything you just can’t make? For me, it’s sugar cookies. I’m not sure why but I can not get them to turn out. I’ve tried multiple recipes but had no success. Recently, I got the beauty below as a shower/wedding gift and decided to tackle yet another sugar cookie recipe.

 

I would like to the blog from which the recipe came but the cookies were a bit of a disaster so I don’t want to do that. It's one I've got other recipes from before and they've been delicious. Not so for these. Instead, let’s admire my mixer throughout its first mix.


Below is the finished product. Yes, I know they look edible but don’t let the appearance fool you. They’ve been here since Tuesday and I think between J and I we’ve only eaten 2 of them.


I'm not giving up though. Someday I WILL make a sugar cookie that is not just edible, but delicious. Until then, I'll have fun trying with my pretty new mixer.

Shared on:
Saturday Seven Party @ Positively Splendid
The Cure for the Common Monday @ Lines Across

2 comments:

  1. Noooooo.... I do love your new mixer tho' - I'm supremely jealous! Poor sugar cookies - I have 3 kiddos who aren't fussy when it comes to cookies - I could always ship them over to you?????? Keep trying hunni xxxx Nat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see that I am not the only one who is sugar cookie challenged. Thank goodness my husband is a chocolate chip guy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).