Sunday, 3 June 2012

Guest Book Scrapbook Pages

I’m sorry I haven’t posted lately. I’m a teacher. It’s June. Life is crazy. Add to that the fact that J and I are getting married in less than 2 months and I’m changing schools this summer, and crafting has been put on the backburner. I miss it though, so am going to try and make time to craft at least once a week this month.

Anyway, here’s a wedding craft I’ve been working on. Instead of a traditional guest book for our 9 guests, I made scrapbook pages. This way, when I scrapbook our wedding photos, I can include these pages.


Above is a photo of the instructions in a frame to go on the table. The poem is a combination of a bunch of different ones I found online and then I added to it to make it work for us. I know it’s cheesy. In case the picture is hard to read, it says:

As we begin our journey
a brand new Mr. and Mrs.
we could surely use
your advice and good wishes.
Jot down a fond memory,
a reminder of the day.
Write a quote or lyrics
if you’re not sure what to say.
Share with us your wisdom
about marriage, love and life,
the key to being a kind husband
or a loving thoughtful wife.
Your photos will be placed
in the empty spaces
so we can read your messages
and see your smiling faces.

I have purple markers and some stickers that will be on the table for our guests to use. I’d like to find some sort of bowl or platter to put them on but I haven’t found anything yet.


Last but not least, here are the pages. I kept them very simple, placing only a little bit of decoration and the names of the person / family. The photographer is going to take a picture of each person / family to put in the space.


Shared on:
Saturday Seven Party @ Positively Splendid

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! You are very busy! June is crazy for students & teachers I know! It will soon be over and then summer vacation will be here! Take care! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).