Thursday, 3 May 2012

Fabric Covered Balls

I wasn’t sure how I’d feel about fabric wrapped balls similar to these I saw at the Terpblog. They’re beautiful but I’m kind of against anything that doesn’t serve a purpose in my house (with the exception of seasonal decorations, house plants and photos). Anyway, I decided to make them and have been enjoying them for several months now. Yes, I know, they’re not a new project I’ve completed but they’re so easy to make and I haven’t shared them before so I thought I would.


Supplies I used:
Fabric (from the birthday stash)
Pins
Styrofoam balls (I got three different sizes at the dollar store)
Scissors


First I cut the fabric into strips. I used scissors and eyeballed it, about 1/4 inch wide.


Next I wrapped a piece of fabric around the ball. I cut it to the proper length and pinned it in place. In some strips I used one pin and in some I used two.




I continued wrapping over and over until the entire ball was covered, placing most of the pins in the same place so the joins were hidden by each other. Once they were finished, I placed them into a spraypainted bowl. They've moved around a little bit and have found a nice home on the bottom shelf of an end table in my living room.


On a non-crafty note, I have exciting news. I’m changing schools in the fall. I love the school at which I currently teach. It’s a typical junior high school and both the staff and students are amazing. With that said, I’m ready for a change. I requested a transfer to the alternate / outreach school in our division and I actually got it. I don’t what I’ll be teaching (grades, subjects, classes or distance ed.) but I’m so thrilled for the transfer that I don’t care. It’ll definitely be a challenge but I’m so excited! Yay!

Shared on:
Hookin Up with HoH @ House of Hepworths
Saturday Seven Party @ Positively Splendid 
Take A Look Tuesday @ Sugar Bee Crafts
Wow Me Wednesday @ Ginger Snap Crafts

2 comments:

  1. they turned out cute! mine make me happy every time I see them sitting out, so I count that as serving a "purpose" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them Al! I think they turned out fab! I have always wanted to make them, but haven't yet! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).