Sunday, 25 March 2012

Painted Eggs

Once I started decorating for Easter with my Bunny Silhouette, I couldn’t stop. Ok, that might be an exaggeration, but I did make some painted eggs to add to my plants. I saw a picture of eggs something like this somewhere in blog-land but didn’t bookmark it and haven’t been able to find it again.


Materials I used:
Foam eggs
Skewers
Craft paint
Paint brushes & sponges

First I stuck the eggs on the skewers. I debated painting the skewers but didn’t bother.


Next, I painted the base coat on my eggs. I chose to paint 4 orange and 4 blue. In order to let them dry, I stuck them in some extra styrofoam J found in the basement.


Finally, I decorated them. I used round sponges to add circles to four of the eggs and paint brushes to add patterns to the other four.


I’ve added them to some plants and it helps finish the Easter theme on my refinished dresser (a recently completed project that I’ll write about later). Please excuse the fact that the plant on the left looks like it’s dead. I repotted it yesterday and am not sure if it’s going to take.


Shared on:

Easter Project Hop @ Itsy Bitsy Paper
Take-A-Look Tuesday @ Sugar Bee Craft
The Creative Spark @ Clean and Scentsible
Wow Me Wednesday @ Ginger Snap Crafts
Someday Crafts

2 comments:

  1. Oh, so fun! Can I copy this project, too!?! I think it's great that they are stuck in the flower pots, reminds me of egg hunts with the little bit of camouflage it provides. I love potted plants and got a few now in my apartment. Must stop by Dollarama now, here's to hoping they still have the styrofoam eggs! Why oh why didn't I get them when I wanted to?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great project and super cute! I've added you as a feature on my Easter craft roundup on Something Splendid! Come check it out!

    -Karli
    www.somethingsplendidblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).