Sunday, 18 March 2012

One Pot Lemon Chicken

I have a confession… I hate dislike cooking. Gasp. I know. Shame on me. Seriously, I think it’s boring and I’d rather eat take out any day (which is why I HAVE to meal plan, but that’s another post). Because of my feelings about preparing meals, I’m always on the lookout for easy recipes. This one came from my wonderful friend Linda (although I have no idea where she found it) and I love it! It’s simple, doesn’t have weird ingredients and, best of all, tastes delicious.


Here are the ingredients. I've given exact measurements but I don’t use them. I prefer to just eyeball it, adding more or less and sometimes substituting depending on my mood and what's in the pantry.

8 – 10 chicken drumsticks and/or thighs
 2/3 cup lemon juice
6 tablespoons butter
1 cup water
3 tablespoons chicken OXO
Oregano
Salt
Pepper
6 – 8 potatoes (I actually use mini-potatoes because I don't have to peel or cut them)
1 – 2 onions, 3 – 4 carrots, any other veggies that are going to go bad

Step 1: Peel and cut veggies into chunks.


Step 2: Dump all the ingredients in a roaster

Step 3: Bake uncovered at 375 for 1 ½ hours, stirring every half hour


Step 4: Broil for about 5 minutes to brown it up. I like to bring the chicken to the top so the skin gets crispy.

Step 5: Serve and eat. I separate mine when the kids are over but if it's just J and I we help ourselves straight from the roaster.

This recipe makes enough for J, the step-kids and myself, with enough left over for at least one of us. I know what I'm eating for lunch tomorrow. :) 

Shared on:
   

1 comment:

  1. Firstly.... thank you for following back. Secondly... I think we are twins separated at birth! Seriously - we both hate cooking? But this receipe looks awesome - def gonna give it a try - thanks heaps for sharing it xx Nat

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).