Friday, 23 March 2012

Bunny Silhouette

Every second year over Easter holidays I chaperone a school trip to Ontario and Quebec. We head out in less than two weeks and I can’t wait! Because I’m not going to be home I debated whether to decorate or not but, in the end, I decided I wanted a little something. Here’s an easy bunny silhouette I put together in less than half an hour with supplies I already had.

I used:
White paper and pencil
Scrapbook paper
Ink and sponge
Scissors
Glue
Picture frame

I searched a rabbit silhouette and, once I found one I liked, traced it from the computer screen onto white paper. The picture I used also had the butterfly in it so I decided to trace that too. I placed the white paper over my scrapbook paper and cut out the shapes. To add a little more texture, I inked the edged of the animals. I cut the background paper to the proper size, glued the shapes in place, and put it in the frame.

In progress...

The colours are not ones I would normally combine but I think the end result is charming. It definitely adds some spring to my living room.


Shared on:

Easter Project Hop @ Itsy Bitsy Paper
Saturday Seven Party @ Positively Splendid
Take-A-Look Tuesday @ Sugar Bee Crafts
The Creative Spark @ Clean and Scentsible
Wow Me Wednesday @ Ginger Snap Crafts

3 comments:

  1. I love the color choices and the bunny with the butterfly! How cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I hope you will link this up to my Hippity Hop Easter Project Hop!

    http://www.itsybitsypaperblog.com/2012/03/hippity-hop-easter-project-hop.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE it! I'm a big fan of color, so I think it's just perfect! Might have to steal this idea from you now! The bunny silhouette is so cute. Pinning too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).