Thursday, 9 February 2012

Infinity Scarf Version 2

I was wandering through the dollar store today and saw a t-shirt for $2. Seriously, who knew you could buy shirts at the dollar store? Anyway, I have been wanting to make another version of a t-shirt infinity scarf so I figured I’d give it a try. I didn't actually refer to any other website for this so there might be other ways to go about it, but below is my version.

To make this I used a t-shirt, scissors, a needle and thread.


First I cut the bottom seam off the t-shirt and then cut it off at the arm pits. I put those pieces to the side and was left with the torso.


I cut the torso in strips about 1 – 1.5 inches wide.


Next I stretched the strips. As they stretched, they rolled in which totally hid the fact that the edges weren't perfectly straight.


Once the pieces were stretched I wanted a way to hold them together. I cut a piece of the hem from the bottom (because it’s reinforced with stitching) and sewed it around all the strips.


$2 + 15 minutes = a new accessory for me!

Above is the scarf doubled up.
Below is the scarf wrapped once.
I can't decide which look I like better
so I thought I'd share them both

On a side note, I got my hair cut just after these pictures were taken. Is it just me or is a fresh haircut one of your favorite things?!?

Shared on:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).