Saturday, 25 February 2012

Glass Magnets

I’m sure you’ve all seen the glass magnets on Pinterest. After seeing several different photos, I was really keen on making my own magnets in colours and patterns that appealed to me.

Supplies I used:
Clear glass stones
Scrapbook paper
Scissors
Modge Podge
Sponge brush
Glue gun (with hot glue)
Magnets

First I went to the dollar store to find some glass stones. I actually really liked these larger ones with the white lines in them. I thought they were different and elegant and decided to use them.


I cut out pieces of scrapbook paper the shape of the glass pieces. 


I put Modge Podge on the back of each glass piece and stuck the paper to it.


Once the Modge Podge was dry, I recovered the whole back in more Modge Podge and let it dry again.


These were made from one package of glass stones.

Next I used my glue gun to attach the magnets to the back of the glass pieces.


Once the glue was dry, the magnets were done. I threw away a bunch of ugly free magnets on my fridge and replaced them with these. I think they look much nicer!

Tickets J gave me for my 30th birthday. The show's tonight and I'm excited!

Shared on:

Positively Splendid 

3 comments:

  1. OH! Love those!! Once again, I'll have to copy your idea, LOL

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been tagged...have fun!
    http://www.bleak2unique.com/2012/02/blog-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this project! What a great idea! I hope you had a wonderful trip to Newfoundland! Lucky girl! I bet it was so nice to see your family! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).