Tuesday, 28 February 2012

Blog Tag... I'm it!

Lori from Bleak 2 Unique tagged me in a blog tag. To be honest, I wasn’t sure how I felt about this (I see it like a chain letter, blog style) but I have to admit, I’m excited she likes my blog enough to send this to me and I’ve had fun answering the questions.

RULES:
1.  You must post the rules....duh!
2.  Answer the 11 question that the tagger posted for you, and then create 11 questions to ask the people you've tagged. (I have to ask...why 11?)
3.  Tag 11 people and link them in your post.
4.  Let them know you have tagged them (otherwise they will never know, right?)
(It is not a rule, but it would be nice if everyone followed these great bloggers...share the love)

Below are the questions from Lori, along with my answers.

1. On a “free” day where you can do whatever you want (pretend this is possible), what would you do?

Can I magically be somewhere else on this free day? If so, I would be in Newfoundland and my fiancé and dogs would be with me. We’d spend the day hanging out with my most amazing nephew and the rest of the family… in pyjamas. I have a love of pyjamas. If I’m not in public, I promise you I am wearing pjs. If I can’t magically be somewhere else, I would be happy to waste the day, in pyjamas of course, watching tv and playing games and wandering the internet and cuddling with J and the dogs.

2. Home Depot or Lowe’s?

Of the two I’d pick Home Depot, although I actually prefer Home Hardware. We don’t have a Home Depot where I live so Home Hardware gets most of my business. However, if I need something I can’t get locally I go to Home Depot about an hour away.

3. What silly thing are you afraid of?

My basement after dark, specifically the area under the stairs. It’s creepy and because it’s unfinished there aren’t light switches – I actually have to walk to the middle of the room to pull the string for the light. I avoid it when possible.

4. Do you own, or have you made anything “Chevron”? If so, what?

No. I quite like chevron, but no.

5. Does your husband or significant other support your blogging? How?

J does, in his own way. He’s not the type to read my posts or comment on things. With that said, he’s willing to do anything I ask, lets me craft up a storm (and a mess), and cheers on my projects, even if they flop.

6. Have you taken the Myers Briggs test? If so, what are you?

I vaguely remember taking it in high school but I don’t remember anything about it. Sorry.

7. Tell us one of your quirky habits.

Oh goodness, what to say…. This is a hard one… Perhaps my classroom binder thing? I have a need to organize things in binders. Everything. Each subject has to have its own colour. For that subject, all binders must be the same colour and size. No other subject can then use that colour. The binders have to be labeled and the cover sheets have to coordinate. I realize this doesn’t seem overly quirky but I swear, it’s bizarre. As if my love of organizing my binders isn’t strange enough, I’ll also organize other teachers’ binders (only if I’m close with them and they ask me to. I wouldn’t break into their classroom and do it Mission Impossible style). Also, all my binders have to be the better binders from Staples. They make me happy. Does that count as a quirky habit? If not, lets chalk it up as an example of my neuroticism and move on.

8. If you could choose any career, what would it be? Is it the one you have?

I love my job. I teach junior high school and I think it’s the best job in the world. Yes, I might be slightly insane, but I’m ok with that. I can’t imagine doing anything else.

9. Favorite TV show?

I don’t really have one… The TV is often on in the background but I rarely actually know what’s on.

10. Do you do “Craigslist”? If so, what was your favorite find?

Nope. I know this will cause some people to recoil in horror but second hand things skeeve me out.

11. Does it bother you that there are 11 questions, instead of 10?

Yes and no. It does bother me that there are 11 but I’d be ok with 12. For some reason 11 seems wrong.

And now for the bloggers I tagged....and their 11 questions... I hope you don't hate me for tagging you. You don't have to answer if you don't want. The reason I've chosen you is because I enjoy reading your blogs and thought others might as well.

Angie     Crystal     DaNita     Gen     Ginger     Halsey     Janet     Jen     Katie     Lindsay     Melinda Ann

1. Let’s start with an easy one… What’s your favorite colour?

2. What was the last book you read? Would you recommend it?

3. What’s the favorite craft or project you’ve ever made?

4. If you could only make one type of craft for the rest of your life, what would you make?

5. How has your blog changed since you first started? Is there anything about it you wish you had done differently?

6. What are your thoughts on things like this blog tag?

7. Morning person or night owl?

8. Is there anything you hate? If so, what is it?

9. What’s your favorite food?

10. If you had one day left to live, what would you do?

11. Why do you suppose there are 11 questions on this quiz? Why not 10… or 12?

Okay, that's all for me. Thanks for reading along. Enjoy and share the fun… or don’t… your choice. 

4 comments:

  1. Thats pretty fun!! Thanks for tagging me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm...I've have to think about these questions! Thanks so much for tagging me. How fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! Thanks for the tag back! :) Look for answers tomorrow or Friday because today is W-ratty Wednesday of course, or maybe Walking Wednesday. Not sure. And, thanks for adding my quirky little dog blog to the list. I swear I HAVE a craft blog, I just haven't done anything with it YET! LOL

    Happy Feb. 29th AC!

    Jen and the mostly black dog crew

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! It was nice to read through your answers and learn a little about you! You wrote some really good questions too, I'll be thinking! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).