Monday, 23 January 2012

Chocolate Bark

I’ve been really good about going to the gym and eating well lately, but I’ve been craving chocolate like nobody’s business. I know my ways and if I decide I’m going to eat a piece of a chocolate bar, I won’t stop until it’s gone. My solution? Chocolate Bark! For some reason, I only need a piece or two and it satisfies the craving.

Ingredients:
6 (give or take a couple – I used 7) semi sweet chocolate squares
6 (again, give or take a couple – I used 5) white chocolate squares
1 cup diced walnuts (I’ve also used almonds, candy canes, Skor bits, anything you can think of that goes with chocolate.)


Place each type of chocolate in a separate microwavable bowl. Microwave them, alternating bowls so they both melt as evenly as possible. I put the first bowl in for a minute, then take that out and put the second bowl in for a minute, then put the first once back in and so forth until they’re both melted.


Stir half of the walnuts into the first bowl and half of the walnuts into the second bowl.


Drop the chocolate on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper, alternating the two kinds of chocolate. I like my bark to be thin so I space the chocolate out.


Marble them together with a knife.


Once it’s marbled place it in the fridge until it’s cool and then break into pieces. I store mine in a tin in the fridge.



Shared on:

1 comment:

  1. Looks yummy! I might just have to try some of that myself. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).