Sunday, 11 December 2011

T-shirt Infinity Scarf

Yesterday was a busy day. I literally did all my Christmas shopping in one day. After driving an hour each way and shopping for eight hours I came home exhausted and feeling decidedly uncrafty. However while shopping I bought a t-shirt to make an infinity scarf based on instructions I found on The Busty Baker’s blog. It seemed like a quick, easy craft so I decided to give it a try.

What I used:
A t-shirt
Scissors

First I laid my shirt out flat. I bought a men’s large from Walmart but you could use an old t-shirt if you have one. Because I want this for a gift for a friend, I didn’t want to use one of my old, holey, paint-stained t-shirts.


Notice the pretty quilt? My bed was covered with Christmas gifts so I made this in M’s room. The quilt was a present to her last Christmas from my mama and papa. Mama’s an amazing quilter! Maybe next time I should make a craft in D’s room so you can see his awesome quilt too. Anyway, once the shirt was laid out I cut off the bottom just above the seam and the top just below the armpits.


Then I started stretching the body of the shirt. For a while I put it around my foot and pulled but I got bored with that quite quickly. Instead, I put it around the door and left it there overnight.


When I got up this morning I took it off the door and had a perfectly stretched infinity scarf. I think it definitely turned out nice enough to gift. I also can’t wait to make another one for myself as soon as I get to the store to get another t-shirt.


The finished product, wrapped twice around my neck. Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).