Saturday, 3 December 2011

Scrapbooked Clipboard

I did it. I am now the proud owner of my very own scrapbooked clipboard. I first saw one of these when a coworker showed me one she had made. It looked really cute and I figured it couldn’t be too difficult. With that said, I had no idea where to start so I went looking online. I found a blog called Echoes of Laughter which had great step-by-step instructions*. Anyway, on to the project…

I used:
- clipboards
- scrapbook paper
- Modge Podge and brush
- spray acrylic sealer
- letter stickers

My supplies, minus the Modge Podge, brush and acrylic sealer

I decided to start with the back. I used Modge Podge to stick on three different scrapbook papers – one on the top, one of the bottom, and one to hide the join. I decided to be lazy and cut the paper after it was glued in place.

The back with paper attached, before cutting

Next, I worked on the front. I measured and cut the top paper to fit around the clip. This part was the most frustrating for me and when I make more, I’ll definitely make a template. I then used Modge Podge to attach the different papers to the front, just like the back. I was more particular with the front, adding a thinner boarder and a little detail in the corner.


The front, needing a little trimming around the clip before being sealed


I could have finished it by coating the whole thing in another layer of Modge Podge but I had some spray acrylic sealer in the craft box so I used that instead. I gave the back a good spray and let it dry over night (not because I’m that patient but because I ran out of sealer) and then sprayed the front this morning.
Finally, after the sealer dried, I added an “A” to the front circle. I think when I make more, I’ll add more embellishments, stickers, ribbons, whatever but for my first one, I’m very pleased with the outcome.

My finished clipboard. I can't wait to use it at work on Monday!

*I’m not sure proper blog etiquette. I want to give credit. Do I include the link? Any suggestions? Help!  


1 comment:

  1. Great job Al! Thank you for visiting me! Happy Sunday! Have fun with your blog and don't let it be a stress you! It's supposed to be fun, right?Angie xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).