Monday, 19 December 2011

Ridiculously Easy Boot Tray

So I have a confession - I'm a bit of a neat freak. I'm not talking wash the dishes before bed kind of neat freak, I'm talking disinfect my Christmas ornaments before packing them away sorted by colour kind of neat freak. I hate disorganization, mess and dirt! So when I saw a boot tray on Pinterest that would help keep my entryway clean, I was on it. 

First I bought a new boot tray because I wanted one that was (sort of) square. It was on sale, so that was a bonus. The picture I saw used a wooden tray of some sort but I wasn't in a building mood. I also went to the dollar store and bought five bags of decorative rocks.

My supplies and my helper dog B.
He felt the need to oversee all stages of this project.

I spread the rocks on the boot tray. Turns out I had really underestimated the amount of rocks I needed so I had to make another trip to the dollar store where I bought another seven bags.

The tray with five bags of rocks.
The tray with all the rocks on it.
B gave it his sniff of approval.

I added the rest of the rocks and I was done. Woohoo for less mess in the entryway. Now if only I could figure out how to get the dogs to stand on it while they dry off…

The boot tray in place with the first pair of boots drying.
Shared on:
 

1 comment:

  1. OOh nice! I always admire boot trays like this but never though to make one! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).