For this piece I used acrylic paint, paper meant for used with acrylic paint, a paint tray, and fine-tipped paint brushes.
The pictures taken in progress were taken with my cell phone in dim light. Sorry.
To paint I started with the left and went in horizontal rows, using one brush per colour so I didn't have to worry about cleaning the brush after each colour. I wasn't really picky about my vertical lines but used a piece of paper as a guide to keep them fairly straight.
Once it was finished I put it in a classic white Ikea frame. I'm excited that the guest room is coming together, piece by piece, and I can't wait to get it all done.